Sunday, January 29, 2017

30 in 30: Day 29 - Paste without Formatting

Day 29 in the 30 in 30 series is a "nice to know" feature.  I don't use it a lot and you probably won't either, but it sure is nice to know when you need it.  While I think everyone who is on a device realizes that you can copy and paste information (day 19 post on shortcuts), most of the time when I am pasting I don't want the formatting to follow the content that I am copying.  That is where this little menu item (or Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut) comes in handy.  Lets say I have some information that I want to copy from my Google Doc to a Presentation, but I want to keep the formatting of my text box in my presentation....paste without formatting.  Lets say I want to take some information from a webpage and use it in a Document that I am going to share with my class, but I don't want the text to be white with a black highlight.  Rather than pasting and having to change the formatting...just paste without formatting.  While this feature is nice to know in Docs and Slides, Google Sheets takes it one step further.  Try checking out the Paste Special option.  Lots to choose from when working with a spreadsheet.  Want to see what I am talking about?  Click here to see the video of this in action.


No comments:

Post a Comment