Thursday, January 26, 2017

30 in 30: Day 26 - Text Selection using Shortcut Keys (Ctrl + Shift + Arrow)

Day 26 in the 30 in 30 series is going to talk about a shortcut that I don't use that much, but is a "nice to know" sort of feature.  It's the Ctrl + Shift + Arrow keys to highlight text.  This is especially useful when trying to highlight a small or large chuck of text that just doesn't want to cooperate with you.  I think that we have all been there.  I've got a little click and drag going on to select a few words, but I just can't quite get it.  Rather than selecting the next letter, it selects an image or I accidently open a link and have to start all over.  By placing your cursor where you want to start and using the Ctrl + Shift + Arrow keys you are able to select words at a time or an entire paragraph.  Not quite sure what I mean?  Take a look at the video here so see it in action.  Happy Highlighting.



No comments:

Post a Comment