Sunday, January 1, 2017

30 in 30: Day 1 - Ask Where to Save Each File Before Downloading

I have been wanting to do this for some time....30 tools, tricks or tips in 30 days.  No better time like the first day of the new year to get this going.  For the first day, I'm going to keep it pretty simple, yet very useful.  We are a GAFE (Google Apps for Education) school, which means that most teachers are using Google Chrome as their web browser.  By default, Google Chrome just downloads everything to the downloads folder.  Not a big deal if you know this, but a lot of the time we have teachers who download files and are not really sure where they go or how to find them.  To simplify things and to keep it organized, I like to have Chrome ask me where to save each file before downloading so I can put it in a specific place in my Google Drive.  Might take an extra click when downloading, but keeps me organized.  I'm sure "Getting Organized" is a New Year's resolution of a teacher or two.  Hope this tip helps you to get organized for the new year.  Click Here to watch the video on how you can set up Google Chrome to ask you where to save each file before downloading.


No comments:

Post a Comment