Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Adding Icons to a Chromebook Shelf

So now that we have moved from staff laptops running Windows to Chromebooks, I've gotten the question, "How do I add shortcuts to my desktop?"......and the answer is, that you can't.  And although I talked about adding bookmarks to your bookmark bar in a previous post, here is another option for you.  Right in the Chrome web browser it allows you to pin a shortcut right to the shelf that is loaded at login.  By clicking the triple dots in the upper right corner of Chrome (sometimes referred to as the snowman) and choosing More Tools --> Add to Shelf you can add a "quick launch" icon to your app shelf.  If the website uses a favicon, that logo usually shows up for you as a great visual.  If you click and drag the icons on the app shelf, you can rearrange them so that are in the order that you use them most.  Looking for the quick tutorial video?  Click here to watch it on my YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment