Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Inserting a Text Box in a Google Doc....Kind Of

One of the biggest complaints that I have gotten about Google Docs since we started using it years ago is it's inability to insert a text box.  And although there are a few work-arounds....I don't like any of them.  I think the mindset is quite backwards.  Rather than trying to find ways to get the job done in Docs, just use a product that already has the ability to insert a text box.  Google Slides and Google Docs, if set up correctly, work better than a Doc.....and dare I say it.....maybe better than Microsoft Word.  If you are using Google Classroom, you can assign the Slide or Drawing file to each student, who can then complete and turn in their digital file.  No more.....I lost my handout, I left it in my locker.....or my favorite, it was done, but my mom threw it away.  Slides and Drawing are great tools, let's starting giving them the attention that they deserve.

Looking for the video outlining out to set up Slides and Drawings to act more like a Doc with the ability to insert a Text Box....look no further.  Click here to watch the tutorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment